Why Emily loves her born in Britain changing bag
Wednesday, 10 May 2017 | Mummy and Little Me
5 Reasons Why I LOVE BIB Changing Bags. I
f you haven't seen Born in Britain changing bags, make sure you check them out. I'm fortunate to own the Hobo and I can hands down tell you that the photos you shall see online couldn't even do it justice enough. It's beautiful. But it's also much more than that, it's practical and stylish, two things that are the absolute top of my essentials when looking for changing bags. I'll let you in to a little secret, I have owned far too many changing bags (don't tell my other half) and so you could say I've learned a thing or two about what works and what doesn't. Well, Born in Britain bags definitely 'work'. Today I'm telling you why their bags are absolute musts in the world of Mums.
1. They don't look like a changing bag. I still use mine for work now maternity leave is over, and I am sans children during the day Tues-Fri. Not one person has yet to pick up it's a changing bag and I've been asked three times this week alone, where it's from.
2. The size of the changing mat. I despise changing bags that have a changing mat only a newborn can fit on. Let's be realistic, a changing mat is needed much more for a wriggly toddler who will not keep still. We've all had those moments when you have to change them on the back seat of the car, and there isn't anything worse than the fear of sudocrem on upholstery due to a changing mat not in place properly. Born in Britain I feel have owned a toddler or two at some point, they know the struggle and that's why their changing mats are huge.
3. The quirks. I love the little details with their bags, the secreted and separate pocket all for changing. Not forgetting the gorgeous blue interior that you really wouldn't guess from the outside of a zipped up Born in Britain, they make themselves stand out that little bit more. The added touch of a quilted changing mat to was always a winner for me.
4. Wipe-able. Enough is said about this I think, we all know changing bags are a homage to yogurt spills, milky sick as well as general dribble and dirt. I don't think I escape a day without one of those ending up on my clothing, my changing bag is no different - so for me it just has to be easy to clean, which of course Born in Britain bags are, big tick in that box.
5. No garish logos. I know this is personal preference, but I think if you're looking for a changing bag that is going to take you straight from office to outing, then Born in Britain are right up your street. As I mentioned above, their bags are so discreet nobody could I was using a changing bag at work. That is incredibly ideal if you don't have time to be swapping up and changing bags over all the time. You're not seeing garish Mummy logos all over the bags, their branding is discreet and subtle.