Backpack changing bags are in!
It's no secret that backpack changing bags are huge right now, I have both a handbag style changing bag and a backpack but I find myself reaching for the backpack daily at this point. I find them much easier with a toddler to chase after and when we are out without the pram a backpack is an absolute essential. I wanted one that didn't look like a baby changing bag as my daughter is nearly 3 I wanted one that would last me for many years so it needed to be fashionable as well as practical. Getting a new bag now that my daughter is a bit older I needed to think about one that would work for if we have another child too and this one fits the bill perfectly. To be honest I was holding out for the Jem + Bea Spring/Summer release as I thought that they would release a backpack for certain and I hoped that it would be a leather one, I was a little disappointed when I saw that their backpack was nylon but I soon fell in love with the gorgeous Thor by Kerikit. It is absolutely gorgeous from the fashionable knapsack design to the super soft slouchy leather. What drew me to this bag the most though was the beautiful nude pink colour (it's also available in navy). I just fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. Now all the novelty newness has worn off I hear you ask, is it worth the £275 price tag? What I love about this bag:
- How it looks, it's absolutely stunning in my eyes and I can see myself using it for many years to come with or without a child in tow.
- It's made from high quality leather and I love how slouchy it is.
- It can be personalised for that extra bit of luxury. I have my initials embossed in gold on the tag, it looks great next to the gold hardware of the bag.
- It can be hung from your pram handles as it has D rings attached at either side of it. Stroller straps bought separately.
- The bag comes with added extras such as a waterproof zipped bag suitable for clothing or snacks, it also comes with a padded changing mat that can be machine washed.
- It has great attention to detail such as subtle branding on the inside zip and on the outer zipper pulls.
- It has tonnes of pockets inside and out. I love how it has a zipped pocket on the back for your mobile phone so that it's always safe against your body.
- It has room for 4 bottles. There are 2 drinks pockets inside and 2 zipped pockets on the outside that could hold a small bottle each. The inside bottle pockets are insulated on some of these bags. On the batch that mine was in their was a problem with the factory and they forgot to add the insulation. So if the insulated pockets are a deciding factor for you then I suggest you call/email ahead before placing your order to check.
- The bag isn't too heavy, I was worried that it might be at 1.5kg but it doesn't feel too heavy and that's an issue that I'm really fussy about, even well filled it's comfortable to wear.
- It has protective studs on the bottom to help to keep it clean.
- The inside is waterproof, so is the outside which I can vouch for as my daughter recently spilled a full bottle of Tropicana on it.
- It has a key loop inside so your keys are always accessible.
- The drawstring and zips are nice and smooth.
- It comes with a branded dust bag.
Is there anything that I dislike about the bag?
- The backpack is described as being padded at the back but mine does not feel padded at all. This isn't really a problem for me as I carry my daughters spare change of clothes in the back pocket which are soft. I did carry her Pottete travel potty in the back pocket once and it really dug in.
- Compared to the older version of the Kerikit changing mat and zip bag the ones that come with this don't feel as good quality. My original opinion was that they feel 'cheap', but they are now both machine washable and the zipped bag is waterproof something that I don't think that the older ones were so it's all about compromise. Personally I prefer the older style with the Kerikit logos on but I know that a lot of people would prefer the new ones.
Overall I am head over heels in love with this bag and I have not had it out of my sight since I got it. I've had a lot of complements on it and I know that this bag will now be a life long companion. It is pricey at £275 but if you work out price per wear over the years it's definitely worth the splurge. I absolutely love the style of it and the high quality of the leather, it's going to last me for many years. This is so much more than a baby changing bag, it can be an everyday bag, work bag or a gym bag. For more information about this bag please click here.
Jodie x www.wiganmum.com
Disclaimer: This bag was very kindly gifted to me from Mummy and Little Me. As always though all thoughts and opinions here are my own.