10 Things not to say to a parent whose baby does not sleep
Tuesday, 5 June 2018 | Mummy and Little Me
1. Oh no! Well that must be hard we don't have that problem thank god!
2. Is it his teeth? Maybe his teeth have you tried teething powder?! Of course, I bloody have!! I've tried everything!!
3. Maybe he needs to cut a nap out. ARE YOU MAD?! It's the only time he is quiet!
4. It's okay it's just a phase.... IT'S BEEN NEARLY A YEAR!!
5. Get a sleep aid. I have brought them all from Amazon Prime at 3am. THEY DON'T WORK.
6. Perhaps we could have him for the night to let you sleep? Oh, can you? Next week? No that wouldn't work. The week after? Um no. In two years? We are away that weekend. Don't tease me like this!
7. Have you tried the all singing and dancing technique we swear by it? YES. ALL. OF. THEM.
8. It won't last forever.... WON'T IT?!
9. Well if you have another they will be a good sleeper. Have another? Are you mad?
10. Bet your getting used to the wake ups, now aren't you? NO. NOT. EVEN. A LITTLE BIT.
APPROACH WITH CAUTION!
Vicki Cockerill is a NICU/ CHD Mum of two boys, a freelance blogger and social media adviser, Co-Founder of #knackeredandNorwich social club and maternal mental health advocate.