Do you miss being pregnant?
Monday, 27 February 2017 | Mummy and Little Me
Being pregnant should be one of the most special times in a woman's life. Not every woman's pregnancy is the same, with some women having complications. My pregnancy was pretty straightforward, apart from the nausea every morning every was pretty good. Even though up until the very end I did enjoy being pregnant, here are 5 things I don't miss about being pregnant..
1) Not being able to sleep on my side - one of my favourite sleep positions is to be on my side but slightly turned into the mattress. When you start to get a baby bump it gets difficult to sleep on your side without feeling uncomfortable. Pregnancy pillows can be used to alleviate the discomfort but feeling comfortable in bed is a thing of the past.
2) Bump touching steering wheel - as I am very short I have always had to have my seat in the car as close to the steering wheel as possible so that my feet can comfortably reach the pedals. Once I'd got to around 7 months pregnant, my bump was touching the steering wheel. As my due date approached so did the size of my bump and it was practically driving the car for me.
3) Nausea and loss of appetite - from very early on in my pregnancy I felt sick most of the time. Waking up in a morning I didn't feel like eating and completely lost my appetite. I was never actually sick but lost a bit of weight in the early stages. I for one will never miss morning sickness.
4) Not having anything to wear - as your body changes over those 9 months you're constantly having to buy new clothes. Most retailers have great maternity sections but sometimes it's just easier buying a size bigger. Towards the end of my pregnancy I lived in a pair of leggings and a few maternity tops. I definitely wasn't the most stylish pregnant person. Even when you've had the baby, your body is still changing. After my son was a year old I started to feel comfortable in my body again.
5) feeling uncomfortable - having a human growing inside you is an amazing thing but it's also pretty uncomfortable. You can never feel comfortable sitting, standing, sleeping, walking etc etc. The bigger you get the worse it gets.
So pregnancy is definitely not the same for everyone, I did truly love being pregnant but I do not miss the above at all.
What things do you not miss about being pregnant?
|GIFTS WOMEN WANT|
|MUM & BABY GIFTS|
|PREGNANCY & BIRTH|